Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

STRANGE BUT TRUE - PEOPLE

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Arvind
Administrator
Administrator
Arvind

STRANGE BUT TRUE - PEOPLE Empty
PostSubject: STRANGE BUT TRUE - PEOPLE   STRANGE BUT TRUE - PEOPLE I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 4:29 pm

Here are the some strange facts about people,

-> The world's largest palace has 1788 rooms. It was built for the Sultan of Brunei. Suspect

-> The world's largest recorded gathering of people was at a Hindu religious festival in India in 1989. It was attended by about 15 million people.

-> Abraham Lincoln went to school for less than a year. He taught himself to read and write.

-> The longest recorded swim was 2938 km down the Mississippi River in 1930. The swimmer spend 742 hours in the water. pale

-> Humans are no match for some animals. The rhinoceros beetle can carry 850 times its own weight on its back. The Emperor moth can detect smells 11 km away. The cheetah can run at 70 km/h. The Polyphemus moth eats 86,000 its own birth weight in 48 hours. The cries of South American howler monkeys can be heard 16 km away.

-> The longest jail sentence passed was in the United States - 10,000 years for a triple murder. Shocked

-> It is impossible to sneeze with your eyes open. Try it! think

-> Levi Strauss made the first pair of blue jeans in 1850. They were intended as work trousers for American miners looking for gold.

-> In Ancient Rome only important people wore purple clothes. This is because the purple dye came from a particular kind of shellfish and was very expensive.

NOTE: THE IMAGES AND CONTENTS ARE NOT MY OWN THEY WHERE ACQUIRED FROM DIFFERENT SOURCES FROM INTERNET

-Arvind
Back to top Go down
https://infinitude.forumotion.com
mathes
mathes

PostSubject: Re: STRANGE BUT TRUE - PEOPLE   STRANGE BUT TRUE - PEOPLE I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 9:34 am

Bro.. An additional detail about "The world's largest recorded gathering of people "

The mela in the northern state of Uttar Pradesh made it to the Guinness Book of Records as the world's most popular pilgrimage in 1989, after drawing a crowd of 15 million.
Back to top Go down
http://itcians.subjectdebate.com
Arvind
Administrator
Administrator
Arvind

PostSubject: Re: STRANGE BUT TRUE - PEOPLE   STRANGE BUT TRUE - PEOPLE I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 7:21 am

Hmmm that's kool info mathes!!

We all complain and are worried about India having largest population, but guess what!! we couldn't have made these records without having large population lol! ha ha ha Wink
Back to top Go down
https://infinitude.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: STRANGE BUT TRUE - PEOPLE   STRANGE BUT TRUE - PEOPLE I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1